• 11:59 a.m. CT: Only getting six points off two turnovers is going to come back to bite Michigan, obviously.
• 11:59 a.m. CT: Pretty impressive that South Carolina’s defense has now only allowed 19 points off 16 opponent takeaways.
• 12:05 p.m. CT: Michigan CB Lavert Hill torched on a seam route and South Carolina on the move.
• 12:14 p.m. CT: As a result, South Carolina cuts the lead in half with yet another field goal, 6-3.
• 12:18 p.m. CT: Cleat Wars! Looks like we have Nike vs. Under Armour cleats to see who can handle that Raymond James Stadium turf.
• 12:21 p.m. CT: Big stop by that Michigan D line. Mo Hurst is a beast.
• 12:24 p.m. CT: South Carolina linebacker Skaie Moore definitely has a place on my all-name team.
• 12:33 p.m. CT: Love the call to go for it on 4th down by Michigan. Also love the play call and blitz pickup.
• 12:44 p.m. CT: Tim Tebow’s suit as fugly. Mercy.
• 1:36 p.m. CT: If bowl games don’t matter, then how else would you determine the best conference? SEC fan would love if we left it to which schools had the best self-promoters and hype machines, but let’s settle it on the field for once. And the B10 is 7-0 in the postseason.
• 1:48 p.m. CT: Not like this Michigan.
• 2:01 p.m. CT: Why let the results on the field dictate anything when we have a perfectly good ballroom at Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine, Texas for the committee to use?
• 2:04 p.m. CT: Even if Michigan screws this up, is a 7-1 bowl record for the B10 that much better for Finebaum’s case than 8-0?
• 2:11 p.m. CT: Not sure how Muschamp can argue the facemask penalty? Must have wanted a holding call, but that doesn’t negate a facemask.
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
• 12:03 p.m. CT: Auburn keeps the field goal trend going today to grab a 3-0 lead over UCF.
• 12:15 p.m. CT: Auburn driving. Nice 3rd-and-long conversion to get near the red zone.
• 12:22 p.m. CT: Auburn settles field goal try … not even close. Welp.
• 12:38 p.m. CT: UCF on the board with … wait for it … another field goal. Tied up at 3. If I wanted to watch field goals, I’d watch the Bears.
• 12:48 p.m. CT: After the pick, time for Auburn to assert itself in the run game.
• 2:02 p.m. CT: Even if Auburn pulls this out, I admit to underestimating UCF. I should know better, but I could say that about a lot of things in my life …